Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Happy back-to-school, kiddos! And everyone else heading back to the classroom, too. I know school would have been a lot more interesting if I had these characters to hang with between classes.
1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series) — We would bond over books and our love of redheads.
2. Stacey (White Hot Kiss) — Hilarious and a loyal friend to boot, I think Stacey would be an excellent lunchtime companion. Plus I know she would always tell me if I have food in my teeth.
3. Cath (Fangirl) — I think Cath and I would get along great. We’re both shy with writerly aspirations, and are generally awkward in social situations.
4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants girls — It might be hard to break into this quartet but I like the balance between their personalities.
5. Benji (Days that End in Y) — Artsy and sweet, we could talk about the theatre and 90s TV shows.
6. Kenji (The Shatter Me Trilogy) — I have a feeling Kenji would have our table in stitches more often than not. He always makes me smile.
7. Étienne St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss) — Funny, smart, great hair…and, okay, I could listen to his English accent all day.
8. Ry (The Chaos of Stars) — Another writerly type, Ry leads a pretty interesting life and would have great stories to tell. Also, I would always be hoping he would invite me over to watch movies (if you’ve read this book, you know why). Plus, how cool would it be to hang out with the son of Greek gods?
9. Jughead (Archie comics) — His pleasures in life are simple and I always felt he got forgotten once girls came into the picture for his buddies Archie and Reggie. I’d make a place at my table for this lovable dude.
10. Nancy Drew — Because *fingers crossed* she would let me help with her latest case.
Which characters would you want at your lunch table? Share your answers in comments.