Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week was a REWIND week meaning I got to pick which previous topic I wanted to write about and I chose: DYNAMIC DUOS! (and one dynamic trio and one dynamic quartet). These duos are like PB and J, bread and butter, chips and salsa, chocolate and milk… *wanders off to make a snack* What was I talking about? Oh, right. DYNAMIC DUOS! For this topic I choose to interpret “duo” as friends, rather than couples. Here are my top ten:
1. Harry, Ron and Hermione from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling – I thought about making this just Harry and Ron but, come on, they would be dead without Hermione. Harry would have fallen off his broom that first Quidditch match and that would have been that.
2. Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – In the words of Frodo himself, “Frodo wouldn’t have got far without Sam.”
3. Anne Shirley and Diana Barry from the Anne of Green Gables books by L. M. Montgomery – These young ladies sure got into a lot of trouble together…as best friends should.
4. Artemis Fowl and Butler from Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl series – A teenage criminal mastermind + his butt-kicking bodyguard = epic duo!
5. Bridget, Carmen, Tibby and Lena from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books by Ann Brashares – BFFs practically since the womb, these girls have each others’ backs “in good times, and in bad.”
6. Fred and George Weasley, also from the Harry Potter books – Hilarious hijinks ensue whenever these troublemaking twins are around!
7. Mark and Courtney from D. J. MacHale’s Pendragon series – An unlikely pair, the computer nerd and the soccer star, but these acolytes are stronger when they are together.
8. Melanie and Wanda from The Host by Stephenie Meyer – Can’t have one without the other! Literally.
10. Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took also from LOTR – What dynamic duo list would be complete without this mischievous pair?!
Which duos top your list? Share your answers in comments.
These titles are all available through The Book Depository.