Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I have no shame in admitting that I am a crier. It doesn’t even have to be a sad moment; I’ve been known to tear up because a moment is “just so beautiful.” But if the best cry-inducing books were measured by the number of tear-soaked tissues sacrificed while reading, then these books are clear winners. (PS. You only get six because I don’t have my books out on my shelves to spark my memory and I didn’t want to add another four that only kinda, sorta made me cry just because. So you get the best. These six really crushed my heart.)
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: This is hands-down the top book to make you cry. And not just sniffle. You WILL ugly cry. Be forewarned.
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling: The Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows also had me spouting tears but I clearly remember the end of this book really affecting me.
3. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
5. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
6. The Wish List by Eoin Colfer
These titles are all available through The Book Depository.