Tomorrow’s the big day and I can’t wait to see all of the terrific costumes! Whether you are still in need of a last-minute idea or just appreciate a clever costume, I thought I would share a few of my favourite bookish costume ideas with you—there sure are some great ones out there (thank you, internet!)
1. Pippi Longstockings: I definitely went as Pippi two years in a row, but my costume was never as elaborate as this one. You can go all out with layered mismatched clothes, or do what I did and get a plain old pillowcase and cut arm holes (with permission of course, if it’s not your pillowcase). But remember: crazy red braids and high mismatched socks are a must. Bonus if you have a monkey.
2. The Lorax: Orange onesie and a big yellow mustache and you’re good to go.
3. Where’s Waldo: A red-and-white-striped shirt, jeans, toque and glasses are all you need for this costume… Or you can go all out like this guy did, which I think is just spectacular!
4. Peter Pan and his Shadow: This one takes a bit of planning and a buddy, but the result is AWESOME!
5. Madeline: Knee socks, a blue dress with a red bowtie or a yellow frock and hat are the key items to become this young French favourite.
What bookish character are you going as this year? Share in comments.
Find more Happy Hallow’Read fun here.