Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Sometimes starting the sequel to a book you really loved, while exhilarating, is a bit terrifying. What if the sequel is an absolute flop? I call this “Disney Sequel Syndrome” (remember The Return of Jafar?) Well here are ten(ish) sequels that WON’T disappoint you, or maybe even increase your love for a series.
2. Any of the Harry Potter sequels – I love them all. I tend not to consider them as separate books, but more as one giant book with favourite scenes: the graveyard in book 4, the Department of Mysteries in book 5, any scene with the Weasleys… I could go on.
3. All of the Pendragon sequels by D.J. MacHale – This series just got better and better and more mind-bending. I’m especially partial to Book 6: The Rivers of Zadaa—still can’t believe the twist in this one!
4. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi – The tension is definitely building… Can’t wait for Ignite Me!
6. Any of the Anne of Green Gables sequels by L.M. Montgomery – I just loved spending time in this turn-of-the-last-century world. I especially adore Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island.
7. The Artemis Fowl sequels by Eoin Colfer – Chock full of laughs and action, these books are fantastic (with one small caveat: I did find book 2, The Arctic Incident, a bit forgettable…)
8. Looking and the Moon and The Lights Go On Again by Kit Pearson – These sequels to The Sky is Falling in the Guests of War trilogy are so dear to my heart. I love how the characters grow throughout. I read them after my fifth grade teacher hooked me in with Book 1.
9. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – I loved this sequel just as much, if not more, than The Hunger Games.
10. All of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants sequels by Ann Brashares – So many tears were spilt throughout the reading of these sequels!
Which sequels did you just love? Share your answers in comments.
These titles are all available from The Book Depository.