Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I love traveling and seeing new places, which I think is one of the reasons I love books so much—all of the wonderful places I get to explore! Here are a few of my favourite reads that involve travel (in one form or another):
1. The Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale: In this action-packed series you get to travel with Bobby Pendragon through time and space to the different territories of Halla (everything that ever was and will be). Lots of adventures to be had!
2. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares: The girls do quite a bit of traveling in this series (as do their pants), but my favourite place they travel to is Greece. This series is what first sparked my desire to go to Greece and so far it is my favourite country to travel to. Beautiful!
3. Redwall tales by Brian Jacques: A lot of traveling happens in this lengthy series in the form of quests. Mossflower, Salamandastron, distant islands… Someone is always traveling it seems, whether friend or foe.
4. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine: Ella must travel across the countryside in the hopes of finding the fairy who cursed her with obedience and having the curse lifted. So much fun!
5. Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer: Artemis is a wealthy criminal mastermind and as such is no stranger to international travel. From the Arctic to Tokyo to the underground world of the fairies and the depths of the ocean.
6. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan: Cross-country travels involving demi-gods, a satyr and countless monsters!
7. Eragon by Christopher Paolini: Another book involving epic quests, this time with dragons and elves.
8. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: I can basically reuse #7’s description, but don’t forget to add dwarves and wizards to the list of traveling companions.
9. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis: Narnia might be inside a wardrobe but there is room for endless adventures, both on land and at sea.
10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Ok, so traveling isn’t exactly featured but they do travel to Amsterdam and it sounds so beautiful that I have added it to my list of places I want to see.
Which books took you on memorable travels? Share your answers in comments.
These titles are all available from The Book Depository.