Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Young Adult Books:
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I think everyone should read this book and I recommend it to anyone who will listen. The only people I wouldn’t recommend it to are kids who are too young—in that case, I will wait a few years before I set about convincing them. Seriously, if you haven’t yet, READ IT! (My review here)
3. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: I love Mafi’s writing—it’s so different from anything else I’ve ever read. I recommend it for that reason alone, but the high-octane action and sizzling love story make it an easy recommendation, too. (My review here)
Middle Grade Books:
5. Pendragon: The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale: This series always kept me on the edge of my seat. Ten books—ten years—and I still never lost interest. That, my friend, is the making of a great series. I recommend this to all young readers who like action, adventure or fantasy (or any combination thereof).
6. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer: So funny and fantastic! I honestly cannot think of one thing not to love about the AF series.
7. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling: I really have no reason to recommend this book, and all the rest of them, anymore as most people I come in contact with have read them; however, when I do meet such a deprived individual you can bet I sing its praises.
9. Grandma and the Pirates by Phoebe Gilman: Pirates with a love of noodle pudding. What’s not to love?
Do you have similar books to recommend for me? Share your answers in comments.