Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
As the day of love is nearly upon us, this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is best romances. For this week’s list I am going to interpret “romances” as my favourite couples / love affairs, rather than romance books because I tend to read books where romance is a storyline not the storyline. So here are the ten couples who make my eyes well with tears and my heart go pitter-pat:
1. Ron and Hermione (the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling): Their romance was a loooong time coming, but one I was totally rooting for. It is one of those romances where you know they belong together long before they do and you can’t wait to see their relationship evolve.
2. Juliette and Adam (Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi): This romance is electrifying from day one. So intense and so steamy!
3. Lena and Alex (Delirium by Lauren Oliver): Ah, forbidden love… In a world where love is illegal, the romance between Lena and Alex shines all the more brightly. Their romance is hot, sweet, and 100% off-limits (which makes it all the more intense).
4. Hazel and Augustus (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green): These two just love each other SO MUCH! Gah! My heart aches just thinking about them…
5. Tris and Four (Divergent by Veronica Roth): Tris and Four are a very hot couple, but what I like most about their romance is that they challenge each other and respect each other. They see the strength in the other person instead of trying to always protect them.
6. Anne and Gilbert (the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montogomery): Another long-time-coming romance, these two are perfect for each other. I love reading about their old-timey romance. So sweet!
7. Lena and Kostos (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares): These two definitely have their issues, but they are a really cute couple and they learn from each other. Plus, summer romance in Greece? Swoon!
8. Jace and Clary (The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare): Thrown together by danger, these two have a very intense (and sometimes rocky) romance that sizzles off the page.
9. Ed and Min (Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler): A doomed romance, this love affair broke my heart a little bit. Even though you know they won’t last, reading about their romance was wonderfully bittersweet.
10. Ismae and Gavriel (Grave Mercy by Robin Lafevers): Enemies first and lovers later, Ismae and Gavriel have to learn to trust each other and abandon their prejudices. Their romance is stronger because of it.
Who is your favourite bookish couple? Share your answers in comments.