Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I love to travel, though my journeys inside of books far exceed my travels in the real world. Someday that will change and I will see more of the world’s wonders, but until then these are some places I would love to see featured in more books (authors and publishers take note):
1. Italy: This is the next stop on my list of places I want to visit most, and until such time as I can scrounge up the money to go, it would be lovely to experience this country in more books.
2. Greece: I visited Greece two years ago and it is a pity that this beautiful country is not featured in more books for teens and young readers. Grecian mythology and Ancient Greece do receive quite a bit of focus, but it would be nice to see modern Greece receive some literary treatment.
3. Owen Sound, ON: I would love to be reading through a novel and have my home town mentioned or featured as the setting. Maybe I could write such a book…
4. Under the sea: There is an entire world going on beneath the water and it is steeped in mystery. It would be cool to see this unknown world featured more in novels without it being tied to mermaids (as much as I love mermaids).
5. Prince Edward Island: I am head-over-heels in love with this picturesque province. The only books I’ve read that feature it are, of course, Lucy Maud Montgomery’s books. I think it’s time this little island got some modern literary attention.
6. The Wizarding World: I know, I know, the Harry Potter series is over… But a girl can dream, right?
That’s all for this week. What places would you like to read more about? Share your lists in comments.