Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
How perfect is this week’s topic?! In case you haven’t been following, throughout October Bookish Notions has been celebrating Halloween with Happy Hallow’Read, a month of spooky reads and ghoulish giveaways. I thought I would split this week’s Top Ten post into two parts: the creepy books I loved and the creepy books I hope to love soon (i.e. books waiting for me in my TBR pile). Let the screams begin…
Book’s I Recommend to Get You in the Halloween Mood:
1. This Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein by Kenneth Oppel (and Such Wicked Intent, of course): SO GOOD! I will leave it at that. Check out my thoughts on this series here.
2. The Light by D.J. MacHale: Imagine drowning in a boathouse full of blood. This is just one of the many creepy scenes in this book.
3. Dracula by Bram Stoker: The original vampire/ gothic horror book. You’ll want to sleep with the light on.
4. In a Dark, Dark Wood: A classic Halloween read.
5. “The Tell-Tale Heart” by Edgar Allen Poe (or anything by Poe really): Not sure that this can be considered a kids story but I had to read a number of Poe stories in my teenage years. Regardless, he knows creepy!
Books I Plan to Read to Get Me in the Halloween Mood:
2. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
3. Darkwater by Catherine Fisher
4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
5. The Black by D.J. MacHale
For more books to get you in the Halloween mood, be sure to check out this guest post from Ashley @ Book Labyrinth.
You could win some atmospheric books of your own! All you have to do is enter one of these giveaways.
Which creepy books get you in the Halloween mood? Leave your answers in comments.