Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I usually make a point of finishing a series once I’ve started it, even if the series isn’t all that great, just because I’ve become invested in it. But writing this list I realized there are a lot more great series that I haven’t finished yet than I realized. So here are the ten series I haven’t finished:
Because I procrastinated/ just haven’t gotten around to it yet:
1. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini—First, I really did love books 1 and 2! Brisignr kept being moved down my TBR pile for reasons I no longer remember so by the time Inheritance came out it had been so long since I’d read the first one I knew it would be best to go back and start the series over. All four books are lined up on my shelf waiting for me; I just need to find a good chunk of time to devote to them (they’re quite weighty books after all).
2. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare—Though I hate to admit it, I just haven’t gotten around to reading Book Five: The City of Lost Souls (ducks behind desk in shame).
3. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner—A series I plan to be done before Christmas (hopefully). I need to know what’s happening!
5. The Ender series by Orson Scott Card—I can include this on the list because it’s being remarketed as a teen series. (Yay!) I had to read this book in high-school for a lit course and I loved it! I’ve been meaning to read the rest ever since and even went out and bought the next three, but *shrug* I just haven’t gotten to them.
6. The Chasing Vermeer books by Blue Balliett and Brett Helquist—I loved the first two so when I found out there was a third, The Calder Game, I snatched it up and it too has been waiting on my shelf for too long.
7. The Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville—I went through a huge unicorn phase in my adolescent years and discovered The Unicorn Chronicles during this time. Problem was there were only two so far… and then the third book, Dark Whispers, took like 7 years to come out! So this procrastination really isn’t my fault.
Because I lost interest:
8. The Blue Blood series by Melissa De La Cruz—I have read up to the fourth book, The Van Alen Legacy, but it’s kind of fallen by the wayside.
9. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott—The first book was fun and mystical but it didn’t grab me as much as I would like so I didn’t pursue series. The second one is on my shelf though, so maybe I’ll get to it someday.
Because I really didn’t like it:
10. The House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast—I read the first three books in this series and just couldn’t do anymore. The books started to feel more like erotica than YA and typos and grammatical errors abound the further into the series you get. It felt like the books had been rushed to get them on the shelves, and the books (and readers—at least this reader) suffered for it.
These books are all available for purchase through bookdepository.com
Which series makes your list? Share your answers in comments.