Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is the ten posts that give the best picture of me as a blogger and reader. So here I am broken into ten posts:
1. My First Blog Post – This was the post that started it all at Bookish Notions. In this post you get a little glimpse of me and the books that inspired my love of the written word.
2. Shatter Me Is Something Special – I love this review. Technically it is my first ever blog post because I wrote it for the The Savvy Reader while doing an internship at HarperCollins Canada. What was even more exciting is that the author, Tahereh Mafi, praised my review on Twitter, telling me that I really understood Juliette. I was ecstatic to say the least.
3. Why We Broke Up: A Review – I am very proud of this review. It gave me a chance to be a bit more playful with language, which was more suited to the tone of this book.
4. Popcorn and a Book (1): Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax – Not only do I like my comparison of the book and film versions of The Lorax, but this post also started out my bi-weekly meme Popcorn and a Book. I am proud to say that I have been keeping up with my P&B schedule and now have six months’ worth of P&B goodness.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: A Eulogy – I start to tear up just reading this review because it reminds me of reading the book and, my god, did the book make me ball! I have included this review not just because I am proud of it, but also because it is a book I think everyone should read and maybe, just maybe, my review will convince you (if you haven’t read it already).
6. Teen Book Club Recap: July with Joanne Levy – This book club was exciting for me for several reasons: #1 This was the first book club where an author joined us, #2 I had the chance to talk with Joanne in an informal setting, and #3 This was my first time organizing an author event! So I have included this post in my list because it represents the culmination of my hard work to get a book club up and running.
7. Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart – This was first writing a Top Ten Tuesday post and have since written many, but it’s one of my favourites. This post gives a little glimpse into the inner workings of my heart.
8. Berenstain Bears Author Passes Away at 88 – I learned a lot about the Berenstain Bears and their authors writing this small tribute to the beloved children’s author Jan Berenstain. It also garnered the highest traffic on my site.
9. A Look at the Poetic Prose of Leah Bobet’s Above – This was my first review where I really wasn’t captivated by the book. I was nervous posting it for that reason, but post it I did and I like the way I handled it. Even though I didn’t particularly enjoy the book, I still didn’t tear it apart because it really was artistically written. I think this review shows some of my diversity and credibility as a reviewer.
10. Top Ten Tuesday: Mind-Blowing Authors – I will take any opportunity to talk about my favourite authors and why I love them. So here they are all rounded up.
Thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me through my posts! Share your thoughts on these posts, or perhaps a favourite of yours that I missed, in comments.